- Takes approximately 2 years to complete.
- Traditional toddler adoption. Some special needs placements are made.
- Takes approximately 1 year to complete for Waiting Children with special needs.
- Takes more than 8 years to be matched with a child for the traditional program.
General Adoption Procedures
- Submit Preliminary Application.
- Participate in pre-adoption consultation and informational meeting with AAC.
- Submit Formal Application and preliminary fees.
- Begin home study and Core training.
- Gather required legal documents. Begin dossier process.
- Attend travel meeting.
- Travel to country.
- Child arrives home.
- Begin Post-adoption services.
- Complete court process for adoption finalization or validation of the adoption in the United States.
- Issuance of Birth Certificate by the Secretary of State.