Why Adopt from Korea?
· Korea’s international adoption program has been operating for more than 50 years.
· Korea’s exhaustive legal process safeguards ethical relinquishment and adoption practices.
· Children are typically 8 – 12 months old at referral, and about 2 years old when they travel home.
· Most children in the Korea program are deemed “healthy” referrals. Some children with minor special needs may also be available for placement.
· Eastern Social Welfare Society (ESWS) provides the children with excellent medical care and upbringing in a private foster family setting.
· After you are matched, you will receive frequent photos, and progress and medical updates of your child.
· Children available for international placement have been legally relinquished by a birth parent. Detailed medical history is provided in each child’s referral information. Some birth parent history will also be included.
When the adopted child is 13 years old, a birth family search may be initiated, if desired.